NAVC offers teams for girls ages 10-18.
- NAVC, founded in 1993 is the longest running junior girls volleyball club in meto Atlanta. We are a family friendly organization that offers a rigorous training program as well as our NAVC Serves community service program and we have a lot of fun. We understand the need of balance between our rigorous trainng and making sure that the girls love the game of volleyball. We want all of them to remember their club volleyball experience as a time when they became a better player but more importantly when they learned life lessons and made life long friends whom they had a lot of fun with during their volleyball career at NAVC.
- Teams will be trained and will compete in competetive tournaments, this is not recreational volleyball program, we practice and attend tournaments to play at our highest level possible. All players on our teams including Metro teams are expected to attend each practice, position training, all tournaments and team activities for the length of the volleyball season.
- NAVC will offer the most rigorous training program in metro Atlanta preparing you as a player and preparing your teams for a successful club season. Each of you will improve your skills, physical conditioning, mental toughness, leadership, teamwork, overall volleyball knowledge and understanding.
For the 2018-2019 season we are introducing a phased approach to team training. The 2018-19 season will have the introduction of our NAVC Academy practices which is designed to focus on skill development focused on sound and consistent fundamentals and eliminating skill based errors in game-time situations. At NAVC Phase I court training totals 7.5 hours weekly plus 1.5 hours positional training. During the Phase I Practice Schedule we add three Saturday practices which totals an additional 6 hours of training. During the Phase II schedule which is tournament season, on court training will be between 5-7.5 hours (if tournament on Sunday’s no Academy training) plus the 1.5 hours positional training every other Monday.
- All teams ages 13-17 with exception of Metro teams will practice three (3) times per week (Sunday and two week nights) this equates to 7 1/2 hours of training plus 1 1/2 hours position training on Monday nights.
- 18's will practice three (3) times per week from the week of Nov 25th thru week of January 12th and than two (2) times per week for the remainder of season.
- 12 & Under teams will have three (3) practices per week (Sunday and two week nights) for our Phase I (November-mid January) and then as we enter tournament season 12 & Under teams will have minimum two practices per week.
- Metro teams will practice two (2) times per week
- Tentative practice schedule for teams will be posted September 1st.
Sunday Practice 2 1/2 hours:
- Setters arrive 30 mintues prior to posted practice time for team
- All players will be led by NAVC Strength/Conditioning Coach: Strength/Conditioning/Speed-30 minutes (this will be a rigorous physical conditioning format, be prepared)
- Position break out 45 minutes where each position focuses on 1 skill/ shot/ movement.
- Team drills/ round robin format 45 minutes, teams are all doing the same thing with same emphasis...NAVC System training
- Finish up day with 30 minute Yoga Session led by certified Yoga Instructor.
Monday Position Clinics 1 1/2 hours (2 times per month):
- Position break out 1 1/2 hours where each position focuses on 1 skill/ shot/ movement.
- Setters arrive 30 mintues prior to posted practice time for team
- Strength/Conditioning/Speed-30 minutes (this will be a rigorous physical conditioning format, be prepared)
- Position break out 1 hour where each position focuses on 1 skill/ shot/ movement for about a 2 week period
- Team drills/ round robin format 1 hour, teams are all doing the same thing with same emphasis
- All teams will practice on their own court, coaches practice plan
- We will offer three (3) teams at each age level 13-17 age group and two (2) teams at age 18.
- 12 & Under, we will offer as many teams as we can accomadtae based on coaching and facilties. We do not have "cuts" in our 12 & under program. At this age we are focused on teaching each player the skills and fundamentals of volleyball and each position. Our goal is to have one 10 year old team, two 11 year old teams and four 12 year old teams.
- Metro Teams offer a "recreational" program to girls ages 13, 14, 15, 16. 17 Metro teams practice two times per week and attend five (5) one day tournaments in metro Atlanta. Although Metro teams have less practices and less tournaments then our regular club teams it is expected that you be committed to attending each practice and tournament.
- Teams are comprised of 10-12 players per team.
Length of Season:
- Ages 13-17 will begin practices week of Nov 26th through end of June and attend 9 tournaments. Our 1's and 2's teams will attend 3 National Qualifiers and AAU Nationals and/or USAV Nationals. Our 3's teams will attend 2 National Qualifers and AAU Nationals and/or USAV Nationals. You are committing to a last week of November-last week of June practice and tournament schedule.
- 12 yeaer old teams will have practices end of November thru end of May. Our 12 year old teams will participate in 9 tournaments including one tournament in May and one tournament first weekend of June. Our 12 year old teams will have the option to attend AAU Nationals (additional cost apply).
- 11 & Under teams will have practices end of November thru end of April. They will participate in 6-7 tournaments. Teams will have the option of continuing the season through end of June and attending AAU Nationals (additional cost apply)
- Metro teams are committing to practices last week of November-mid April with five (5) one day tournaments mid Jan-Mid April.
- All teams ages 13-17 with the exception of Metro teams will attend nine (9) tournamnets. Our 1's & 2's teams will attend three National Qualifiers...Big South NQ, Disney Showcase NQ and Windy City NQ and AAU Nationals in June. Our 3's teams will compete in the same tournaments but only attend two National Qualifiers Big South and Disney Showcase.
- 12 year old teams will participate in nine (9) tournaments including minimum one National Qualifier, Big South. 12 & Under teams will have the option of continuing their season going ot AAU Nationals.
- 11 and 10 year old teams will participate in 6-7 tournaments and have option to attend AAU Nationals.
- Tentative tournament schedule for teams will be posted September 1st.
- Our 12 & Under teams will also have position training during the week. Each player will be coached and learn each position during the season during the positional training. Although you will have a primary position for matches during the season we believe that those players 12 & Under need to learn the fundamentals of each position.
- All teams (exception Metro teams) ages 13-18 will have Position Training 2 x per month on Monday nights last week of November-June.
- This season NAVC will employ a Strength & Conditioning Coach. All players (with exception of Metro teams and our 12 & Under) will be led through 30 minutes of rigerous physical conditioning prior to each practice. On Sunday's players will have an additional 15 minutes of Yoga session at the conclusion of practice.
- Our 12 & Under teams will be led through "body control/coordination" sessions