Tryout Information 2018-2019 Club Volleyball Season
2018-2019 NAVC Tryout ScheduleWhat location of NAVC should I play?
You are welcome to tryout for either NAVC East or NAVC West no matter where you live. Below is a description of the locations that would be convenient for you and a link to our practice facilities for NAVC East and NAVC West so that you can make a decision on what is best for your family.
NAVC East: If you live in East Cobb, Buckhead, Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Alpharetta, Milton, Johns Creek, Suwannee, Roswell, you would want to consider NAVC East. View our practice facilities for NAVC East
NAVC West: If you live in Cobb, Bartow, Paulding, Cherokee counties you want to consider NAVC West which is located at the new athletic complex in Emerson, GA...Lakepoint http://www.navcwest.com Please visit the website for a listing of our practice facilities.
Ages 10-14 Tryouts week of October 14th (NAVC East first day will be Saturday October 13th and NAVC West will be October 14th) NAVC West will have their own tryouts at Lakepoint this season, the new NAVC West website is now open http://www.navcwest.com The table below is for NAVC East tryouts,
Ages 15-18 Tryouts week of November 4th. The schedule below is for NAVC East. NAVC West will have their own tryouts at Lakepoint this season, the new NAVC West website is open http://www.navcwest.com
|10's - 12's Day 1 Tryouts||Sat||Oct 13th||3:15-5:15 pm||Alpharetta Family Skate Center|
|10's - 12's Day 2 Tryouts||Wed||Oct 17th||6:45-8:45||Norcross HS||If you were unable to attend Sunday Tryouts you may come to the Wednesday Tryouts|
|13's Day 1 Tryouts||Sat||Oct 13th||8:30-10:45 am||Alpharetta Family Skate Center|
|13's Day 2 Tryouts||Tuesday||Oct 16th||6:45-9:00 pm||Alpharetta Family Skate Center||If you were unable to attend Sunday Tryouts you may come to the Tuesday Tryouts|
|13's Metro Team Tryouts *See note below||Sun||Oct 21||1:00-2:30 pm||Life University|
|14's Day 1 Tryouts||Sat||Oct 13th||12:00-2:15 pm||Alpharetta Family Skate Center|
|14's Day 2 Tryouts||Monday||Oct 15th||6:45-9:00 pm||Alpharetta Family Skate Center||If you were unable to attend Sunday Tryouts you may come to the Monday Tryouts|
|14's Metro Team Tryouts *See note below||Sun||Oct 21||1:00-2:30 pm||Life University|
|11's-14's Open Spot Tryouts *See note below||Sun||Oct 21||3:30-5:00 pm||Life University|
|15's Day 1 Tryouts||Sun||Nov 4||2:30-5:00 pm||Life University|
|15's Day 2 Tryouts||Mon||Nov 5||6:45-9:00 pm||Alpharetta Family Skate Center|
|15's Metro Team Tryouts * See note below||Sat||Nov 10||11:00 am-12:30 pm||Life University|
|16's Day 1 Tryouts||Sun||Nov 4||8:00-10:15 am||Life University|
|16's Day 2 Tryouts||Tue||Nov 6||6:45-9:00||Alpharetta Family Skate Center|
|16's Metro Team Tryouts *See note below||Sat||Nov 10||11:00 am-12:30 pm||Life University|
|17's-18's Day 1 Tryouts||Sun||Nov 4th||11:15-1:15 pm||Life University|
|17's-18's Day 2 Tryouts||Wed||Nov 7th||6:45 -8:30 pm||TBD|
|15's-18's Open Spot Tryouts *See Note Below||Sat||Nov 10th||1:30-3:00 pm||Life University|
- Ages 10-12: Although referred to as tryouts, we do not have cuts at our 10's-12's ages, every girl will make a team (pending faciltiies and coaches). The "tryouts" are actually an evaluation of the player to determine which level team she will be placed.
- Metro Team Tryouts We will offer these teams at the 13, 14, 15, 16, year old ages. If you attended tryouts for any organizations club level teams and did not make one of these teams OR you decided the travel and practice commitment was not what you wanted at this time in your volleyball career Metro teams area great alternative. Even if you did register and attend tryouts for NAVC club level teams, you will need to register for Metro Team Tryouts and pay a $50 fee.
- Open Spot Tryouts: Ages 14 & Under will have an additional tryout day for Open Spots that we have on teams. We will post on our website teams that will have tryouts. This is not taking away any spots, all those on the Alternative list will be offered a spot prior to us posting any open spots. Ages 15-18 will have an additional tryout day for open spots that we have on teams. We will post on our website teams that will have tryouts.
Your daughter MUST tryout with her age group as defined by USAV Age Definition Chart. If NAVC feels that your daughter has the skill and maturity to play on a age level above her current age the coaches and Club Director will make that determiniation.
2018-2019 Season Age Definitions18 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1st, 1999 or are high school students in the twelfth (12th) grade or below during the current academic year and are 19 years of age or younger (born on or after September 1, 1999).
17 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2001
16 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2002
15 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2003
14 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2004
13 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2005
12 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2006
11 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2007
10 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2008
HOW DO I REGISTER? WHAT FORMS DO I BRING TO TRYOUTS?
Tryouts Registration on NAVC website will open August 20, 2018.
Go to Registration Section on NAVC Website
View "How Do I Register for Tryouts" this is step by step instructions on registering at NAVC site and SRVA site.
Those returning will sign in as a registered user, those of you new to NAVC will need to create a new account. You can add your daughter to your profile and register for tryouts. Parent Sign In Link If you need directions on how to set up a profile Click Here
Attending Tryouts: We understand that the week of tryouts is jammed pack with clubs having tryouts all at the same time. NAVC tryouts are a two day event, we encourage all players to attend both tryout sessions the first day is of vital importance. We offer our Club Prep & Group Training as well as Information Meetings so that you become familiar with NAVC.
Two Steps to Register for Tryouts:
Step 1: Register for Tryouts on NAVC website, opens August 20, 2018 (refer to "How Do I Register for Tryouts" link above)
Step 2: Go to SRVA here you will register and print off the "Individual Registration Form" and the USAV Medical Release Form which you will bring with you to tryouts. SRVA will not be open for registration until September 15, 2018 (refer to "How Do I Register for Tryouts" link above)
Registration Fee is $50 and must be paid in advance. Fee includes tryout t-shirt that must be worn to all tryout sessions. (no refunds)
Walk-Up registration Fee is $75: Walk Up registration for all ages will be accepted as long as we have spots available, (checks payable to NAVC or cash)
What To Bring to Tryouts:
You will need to bring with you three (3) forms to the first day of tryouts. You print the two forms listed below after you register with SRVA (Southern Region Volleyball Association).
- USAV Medical Form (does not need to be notarized) print this form from SRVA site after you complete your SRVA registration
- SRVA Registration Form Completed print this form from SRVA site after you complete your SRVA registration.
- NAVC Liability Waiver Form this will be attached to the confirmation email you receive or view and print her NAVC Waiver