Tryout Information 2018-2019 Club Volleyball Season
2018-2019 NAVC Tryout & Evaluation Process to make a club team
- Tryouts ages 14 & Under: each age group will have two dates of tryouts Saturday October 13th at Alpharetta Family Skate Center. Refer to information below for specific times for each age group.
- Tryouts for ages 15-18: each age group will have two dates of tryouts Sunday October 28th at Alpharetta Family Skate Center. Refer to information below for specific times for each age group. Each age group will have a second night of tryouts during the week.
- Metro Team Tryouts Ages 13 & 14 will be held October 27th, Ages 15, 16, 17 will be held November 10th. If you attended tryouts for National or Regional Teams and did not make one of these teams OR you decided the travel and practice commitment was not what you wanted at this time in your volleyball career, you will need to register for Metro Team Tryouts and pay a $20 fee.
- Open Spot Tryouts: Ages 14 & Under will have an additional tryout day for Open Spots that we have on teams, the tryouts will be held on October 27th. We will post on our webiste on October 24th teams that will have tryouts on October 27th. Ages 15-18 wil have an additional tryout day for open spots that we have on teams. The tryouts will be held November 10th. We will post on our website on November 8th teams that will have tryouts on November 10th.
Your daughter MUST tryout with her age group as defined by USAV Age Definition Chart. If NAVC feels that your daughter has the skill and maturity to play on a age level above her current age the coaches and Club Director will make that determiniation.
2018-2019 Season Age Definitions
18 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1st, 1999 or are high school students in the twelfth (12th) grade or below during the current academic year and are 19 years of age or younger (born on or after September 1, 1999).
17 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2001
16 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2002
15 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2003
14 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2004
13 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2005
12 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2006
11 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2007
10 and Under: Players who were born on or after September 1, 2008
On the right side of this page are documents for you to refer:
- Tryout Packet
- SRVA Tryout Policy
- Age Chart (will tell you what age group you need to register your daughter)
- Frequently Asked Questions about NAVC
Tryouts Registration NOW OPEN! To view Dates, Times, Locations and to Register scroll down this page to the Tryout Schedule for NAVC Those returning will sign in as a registered user, those of you new to NAVC will need to create a new account. You can add your daughter to your profile and register for tryouts. Parent Sign In Link If you need directions on how to set up a profile Click Here
Attending Tryouts: We understand that the week of tryouts is jammed pack with clubs having tryouts all at the same time. NAVC tryouts are a two day event, we encourage all players to attend both tryout sessions. We offer our Club Prep & Evaluations, Information Meetings so that you become familiar with NAVC. You may attend one or both tryout sessions, however be aware that players who attend both tryouts are being evaluated by coaches for 4 hours, those that only attend one tryouts will only be in front of coaches for 2 hours.
How Teams Are Formed: At NAVC we do not take into consideration when selecting players for teams what club they may be coming to us from. Players who have been at NAVC do have an advantage because our coaches have worked with these players and we know their skill level, effort level, leadership and team work mind set as well as their mental toughness and their overall attitude as well as that of their parents. With that being said the tryout process and any evaluation of players who came to our Club Prep Camps and other clinics or what our coaches see at school matches is purely unbiased and the teams are formed by our coaches and selection committee based on the players we believe give the team the best chance to perform at the highest level and win tournaments.
Two Steps to Register for Tryouts:
Step 1: Register for Tryouts on NAVC website. Click Here for document with step by step instructions
Step 2: Go to SRVA here you will register and print off the "Individual Registration Form" and the USAV Medical Release Form which you will bring with you to tryouts. Click Here for document with step by step instructions SRVA will not be open for registration until September 15th.
Registration Fee is $40 and must be paid in advance. Fee includes tryout t-shirt that must be worn to all tryout sessions. (no refunds)
Walk-Up registration Fee is $50: Walk Up registration for all ages will be accepted as long as we have spots available, (checks payable to NAVC or cash)
What To Bring to Tryouts:
You will need to bring with you two (2) forms to the first day of tryouts. You print the two forms listed below after you register with SRVA (Southern Region Volleyball Association).
- USAV Medical Form (does not need to be notarized)
- SRVA Registration Form Completed (SRVA Registration is not Open, it will not be open until September 15th). When it does open we will post that on the website, you will go to SRVA Click Here You will follow these instructions Click Here
|10||Saturday Oct 13th||9:00-11:00 am||Alpharetta Family Skate|
|Wednesday Oct 17th|
|11||Saturday Oct 13th||9:00-1:00 am||Alpharetta Family Skate|
|Wednesday Oct 17th|
|12||Saturday Oct 13th||9:00-11:00 am||Alpharetta Family Skate|
|Wednesday Oct 17th|
|13||Saturday Oct 13th||12:00-2:00 pm||Alpharetta Family Skate|
|Monday Oct 15th|
|14||Saturday Oct 13th||3:00-5:00 pm||Alpharetta Family Skate|
|Tuesday Oct 16th|
|Metro 13||Saturday Oct 27th||9:00-10:30 am|
|Metro 14||Saturday Oct 27th||11:00 am-12:30 pm|
|Open Spots for Teams||Saturday Oct 27th||10's-12's
|15||Sunday/Oct 28||9:30-11:45 am||Alpharetta Family Skate|
|Monday Oct 29th|
|16||Sunday Oct 28th||12:45-3:00 pm||Alpharetta Family Skate|
|Wednesday Oct 31st|
|17||Sunday Oct 28th||4:00-6:15 pm||Alpharetta Family Skate|
|Thursday Nov 1st|
|18||Sunday Oct 28th||4:00-6:15 pm||Alpharetta Family Skate|
|Thursday Nov 1st|
|Metro 15||Saturday Nov 10th||9:00-10:15|
|Metro 16||Saturday Nov 10th||10:45-12:00|
|Metro 17||Saturday Nov 10th||10:45-12:00|
|Open Spot on Teams||Saturday Nov 10th||12:30-1:45|